Tuesday, May 05, 2009


                         New flower bed by the deck, all  'deer resistant' plants, we shall see!
First rock bed in the back yard, this was a dirt hole just a few weeks ago.... but with lots of work by Waylon it is taking shape!

Wow, it has been over a month since I posted!  So much happening in our lives these days.  Chloe Grace (our grand daughter) continues to grow and change each day.  Her mommy is back to work, half days, and I think doing well.

Waylon continues to do home improvements - progress is slow because we scrounge materials, and he provides all the labor!  But the rock work is starting to take shape in the back yard, a few new trees planted and some much needed rain have greened up the 3 acres of 75 Zeder Strasse.

My most exciting news is I am only 4 lbs away from my Weight Watchers goal - first time in over 20 years that I will be at a healthy weight.  I have applied and been accepted for a position as a Weight Watchers leader.  I will start training sometime this summer.  This will be in addition to my full time church job, but I know by standing up in front of people each week and leading WW meetings I will be motivated to maintain the healthy lifestyle and weight that it has taken me so long to achieve.

Of course, I continue to enjoy my hobby of quilting, particularly hand applique these days..... so fun!  Time to work on Christmas gifts!!




No comments: