Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This was such a fun thing!! I found a new resale shop in Kerrville, TX and purchased all of these sweaters for $17 . There are 2 very large men's sweaters, both Merino wool (very pricey in the yarn world, way out of my budget!) The pale blue in the front is a beautiful 100% cashmere cardigan. The pink is an uber soft angora rabbit sweater, the yellowish green is a Banana Republic, also 100% wool. The teal in the background is a silk/cotton cardigan. With the exception of the cashmere, which will remains 'as is' for my daughter, I have 'frogged' or ripped out all of the sweaters for the yarn. The teal sweater yielded 5 balls of lovely silk yarn, which I promptly crocheted into the shawl shown below.

So for $3 and some relaxing time crocheting I have a beautiful shawl, which I entered into the Gillespie County fair and won a blue ribbon!! I am still planning what to make with the other yarns, but I have a wonderful new stash of quality yarns, all from shopping at a resale shop.
It's also pretty fun to see a pic of myself and realize that really is me, 56 lbs lighter!!

2 comments:

weaverpat said...

Hi Connie, Well, first off, you look GREAT!!! Very svelte! And the shawl is lovely! What wonderful wool finds at the thrift shop! That is the perfect way to build a stash of high quality yarns. Can't wait to see what you do with the rest of the sweaters.

Brett, Julz, and Emma said...

Hey there Connie!! You look amazing! I'm really proud of you!! I'm still trying to work off my extra pounds from baby #2 :o) It's not so easy!! Great job! Way to go on the shawl too--that's pretty cool! Love you!